Ahmedabad transportation / Ahmedabad buses
Ahmedabad Bus services from public and private travel operators
Public transportation in Ahmedabad city is provided by Ahmedabad Municipal Transport Services known as AMTS. AMTS operates regular buses within the city and also covering some of the nearby districts and villages. AMTS has in its fleet lot many number of buses with very good frequency available to the passengers. The major stations are Lal Darvaja (Lal Darwaja), Maninagar, Vasna, Nava Vadaj, Kalupur and other few locations. The bus stations at Kalupur & Maninagar are located adjacent to the Railway station thereby providing better transit facilities to the Ahmedabad passengers as well as regular commuters. AMTS has just started using the CNG buses with much more facility to the passengers then provided earlier.
You can also travel ahmedabad by Auto Rikshaw which are easily available to passengers and tourists visiting the city. GSRTC operates its buses from three major stations in Ahmedabad, S.T.Bus Stop (State Transport Bus Stop) near Astodia Darwaja, Nehrunagar Cross Roads, Maninagar and Bapunagar S.T. Bus stations. State transport bus station near Astodia Darwaja is the biggest in the city. The bus station have paid parking facility, and is currently divided into six separate stations depending on the bus route and its region in which its operating. CNG auto rikshaws are also becoming famous amongst the older people due to smooth riding and more leg room and better seating.
Some of the attractions of Ahmedabad are.....
- Jumma Masjid - One of the most beautiful mosque in India and was built in the year 1423 by Sultan Ahmed Shah. Shaking Minarets - The shaking minarets are located at the Siddhi Bashir mosque. They are designed in a way that when one minaret is shaken the other one shakes too.
- Siddi Sayed Mosque - You can see One of the best stone carving and was built by Ahmed Shah's slave, Sidi Sayyad.
- Sabarmati Ashram - Located near the Sabarmati river, and Bapu's first Satyagraha Ashram. Mahatma Gandhi lived here and the place is very well known in the history of India for the freedom movement.
Transportation from Ahmedabad to Different Places in Gujarat
India public transportation
State & City transportation
- India public transportation
- KSRTC buses
- APSRTC buses
- Assam buses
- Goa buses
- Gujarat buses
- Himachal Pradesh buses
- Kerala buses
- Punjab transport buses
- Maharashtra buses
- RSRTC buses
- Tamilnadu Transport buses
- Jammu Kashmir State buses
- Delhi Volvo buses
- UPSRTC buses
- Mizoram bus services
- Arunachal Pradesh State Road Transport
- Orissa State Road Transport
- India road transportation
- Safe transportation
- India transportation official websites
- India transportation abbreviation